Todays prompt focus on EMOTIONS, specifically “what brings you joy?”
Emotions are something we all have. I’ve dealt with a full spectrum of emotions in my life and what a pleasure it will be to express gratitude for what brings me joy. I think a simple list ought to do the trick here….and a limit, say 10 things that bring me joy (in no particular order):
- Coffee – If you know me at all, this should not be surprise.
- A sunny day – I love that when my daughter makes a wish in a fountain, it’s usually for “a sunny day”. I tend to agree with her, whether warm or cold, the sun makes me happy.
- Time spent with a good friend – Nothing compares really. I love my people.
- My daughter – She’s kinda awesome. Joy is a “me and you” day or a day with friends and enjoying her happy adventures.
- Seeing the joy in others – It brings me joy to see others happy. A child. A student. A dog running on the beach. Joy is contagious.
- My family – My little family of 3 brings me so much joy (and other emotions too!) and my extended family of nieces and nephews, brothers & sisters, parents and in-laws, I am grateful for.
- The beach – My happy place.
- Giving to others – To show gratitude for all that I have, it brings me joy to give to others.
- Doing something special for myself – Those moments when I escape for some retail therapy or a pedicure bring me joy.
- Noticing the beauty in things – Natural things. I love to look at all the color in an apple, or a sunset.
The list could go on and on…I’m grateful that each day, in some way, I feel joy.
Top photo courtesy: http://www.abcbysue.com
Awesome Alphabet photography and you can order prints!